Surprise cuts?

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29 5:05 AM
      Does anyone see any possible surprises in the cuts this weekend?

      I don't think any of us would be surprised to see Cassel go.
      Gutierrez wasn't great, but seems to have more confidence and upside.
      O'connell isn't going anywhere. He'd never clear waivers.

      What about at RB? Surprisingly, Morris hasn't shown me anything this
      preseason. I would not be surprised to see BJG Ellis stick and Morris
      go. I've been quite impressed with Ellis' explosiveness, quickness,
      and the way he finishes plays. Took advantage of his opportunities.

      LB and ST are very deep. With the new young LBs (Mayo, Crable,
      Guyton, Redd) and the emergence of guys like Woods, and the ST
      performances of younger players like Washington, Aiken, Ventrone, and
      Wilhite, could Larry Izzo be expendable?

      I still think Jackson is gone. Nice TD catch, but I could have caught
      that pass. He might have been able to out-jump the defender for
      another TD if he didn't trip over his own feet. Wish they could trade
      him, and at least get a 6th rounder or something. ;o)

      I think they find spots on the 53 for Slater and Ventrone. Extremely
      versatile players who have shown up for every game, and given good
      performances.

      With Neal out for 6 weeks, and O'Callaghan on IR, looks like anyone
      with a pulse will make the O-line. Pretty scary have Brady back there
      next week.