Re: Mammals Sign Pennington

  • kevin M
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9 2:37 PM
      True, it is indeed sad that the fins get a qb of mediocre talent, and
      he is still better than what they had already. This must be Parcells'
      doing. Unfortunately, this really doesn't give their team the chance
      of a snowball in Hell of making the playoffs. And, as far as the Jets
      go, they will also be hard-pressed to go over .500, even if Favre
      starts. He has a second-rate team around him, and I don't like them
      anyway. I don't like their coach, their fans, their players, or even
      their city. I never much cared for gunslingers like Favre, I prefer
      real talent like Tom Brady. And real teams like the Patriots.
    • Mike Benson
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11 12:54 PM
        I wouldn’t write the Jets off quite so easily. They’ve done a pretty good job at shoring up their offensive line, beginning with the selection of D'Brickashaw Ferguson a few years back. Since then, they’ve added Nick Mangold, Alan Faneca, and Damien Woody. So their
        offensive line now features four first-round picks. Plus, they’ve added veteran pro-bowl fullback Tony Richardson to the mix. Not to mention tight end draft pick Dustin Keller out of Perdue (6'2", 242, 4.549), who could be big trouble. And while Laveranues Coles and Jerricho Cotchery are by no means superstars, each will get better due to the presence of Brett Favre. And that’s without even considering what Favre himself is capable of on a good day.

        On defense, they’ve added ends Calvin Pace from the Arizona Cardinals and Ohio State's Vernon Ghoulston with the sixth over all pick in the draft. And Revis is just going to get better and better.

        So I’ll be keeping my guard up when it comes to the Jets this season.

        True, it is indeed sad that the fins get a qb of mediocre talent, and
        he is still better than what they had already. This must be Parcells'
        doing. Unfortunately, this really doesn't give their team the chance
        of a snowball in Hell of making the playoffs. And, as far as the Jets
        go, they will also be hard-pressed to go over .500, even if Favre
        starts. He has a second-rate team around him, and I don't like them
        anyway. I don't like their coach, their fans, their players, or even
        their city. I never much cared for gunslingers like Favre, I prefer
        real talent like Tom Brady. And real teams like the Patriots.

        <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
        (Yahoo! ID required)