SAFE

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2008
      ***** Based upon what we saw in that first half, the jobs of Tom Brady, Randy Moss, and Wes Welker are safe. :-) But, to be fair, it's hard to tell much about what we saw on offense, since there are so many starters not playing. The QBs had no time with that training camp OL in front of them. But, even given that, Cassel really looked bad. Guiterrez was noticibly more effective. I'm sticking with my guess that Cassel is gone after this season. And I think it's fair to say that the rumors of the possible end for Chad Jackson may be true. He did absolutely nothing to impress out there.

      ***** As for the defense, I was very impressed with both of my rookie LBs, Mayo and Crable. It seems like I've waited forever to have young Patriots LBs to get excited about. I've got a couple of them now. The secondary, which looked weak, can't be judged well, since it was also missing a couple of expected starters, Hobbs and Harrison. I was, however, a bit disappointed in Bryant, who appeared to have been doing well in practices. He got burned fairly often during that first quarter or so.

      ***** On to the second half. There's no telling what we'll see here! Might be fun to see if a couple of the other young LBs get in there for some plays from scrimmage. I'm also anxious to see what O'Connell can show at QB.

      ***** The one think I know for certain is that it's great to be watching Patriots football again!

      George

      “I think it’s easier to jump ship than to right the ship.” - Tedy Bruschi