Re: [patriotzip] Favre Is a JET!

  • rockmaul74@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 6 9:58 PM
      watch now as the jets suddenly become favored in the afc east with a 38 year old qb who's mentally unstable

    • Don Diamant
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 7 5:16 AM

        Favre is a big upgrade from Pennington or Clemmons.  Still, the Jets did not appear to improve elsewhere in the off season.  The Patriots are still the best team in the AFC but now the Jets have a quarterback that on a good day can present us with a challenge.  I was hoping Favre would go to Tampa or Minnesota but this deal makes sense for a team without a clear quarterback of the future.  This gives the Jets a quarterback who can get them a few more wins in the regular season for a few years while they search for that elusive quarterback of the future.  The Jets just need to have better memory so they aren’t surprised next summer when Favre wants to come out of retirement yet again.

        Don

      • Mike Benson
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 7 6:36 AM
          I can't imagine what they're going to do with Favre. Surely he won't be the starter. But it'll be interesting when he comes off the bench, I guess.

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 7 6:57 AM
            I stand corrected. Rumor is that Pennington is going to Miami. Favre will be the starter. He has three weeks to learn the Jet's playbook. Hey, if Pennington DOES go to Miami, he'll be facing Favre's Jets on opening day.

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 7 2:48 PM
              I hear that the Jets are simply going to release Pennington today. But I also hear Herm Edwards wants him in KC. Others are saying he;ll go to Tampa Bay.

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 7 3:10 PM
                they improved their offensive line and linebacker positions

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 7 3:19 PM
                  the Jets just release Pedington to make a roster spot, you thing he's going to back up Clemens, he could have stayed in Green Bay and backed up Rodgers, week 1 he'll be teh starter against Miami