Re: [SPAM]Re: [patriotzip] Am I A Traitor?

  • llj7366@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 6, 2008
      About the drinking... I have certainly done my fair share of drinking before, during and after the games.  And I do consider myself a "true fan" but with that said as I grow older I don't drink as much.  But I honestly don't think the issue of drinking during the games will help because most people drink so much before they even get into the stadium that drinking during the game really doesn't matter.  I know the men that sit behind me are usually so drunk by the time they get into the game that they barely see any of the game.  I am not sure it will make much difference with the new rule, but time will tell.
      Just my opinion...
      Lisa

    • Don Diamant
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 6, 2008

        Curbing drinking during the game would likely have little effect on drunkenness as the worst offenders are already hot from the tailgate when they enter the stadium.  It may help with a few of the problem people but not many of the unruly fans which fortunately in Foxboro are few these days.  The Krafts have certainly done a lot to change the image of not only the stadium but the fans as well, success can do that.  For those teams for whom success on the field is not so important, or for whom it will take time to see the results of their rebuilding, having the NFL recognize problems and create a policy and enforcement of the policy is a good move for the league and the fans.  That said drinking is not evil and those who do are not defacto bad people.  Alcohol doesn’t make people bad but it can help some people to amplify their character flaws in unpleasant ways.  It is possible to drink and not utter foul language that would make a sailor blush.  It is possible to drink and be amiable and even out right friendly, possibly too friendly.  It is even possible to drink and remember what you did and saw the next day.  However drinking to excess can make even a person with good character look considerably foolish and embarrassing.  But if there were rules against acting foolish and being an embarrassment what would we do with most of the “Superfans”?  In case my point was lost in all this gibberish it’s ban the behavior and not the poor excuse, drinking.  I’d hate to not have a sip of cold beer to soothe my throat in between yelling when my defense is on the field.

        I want to know when they are going to ban the people who sit completely silent when my defense is on the field; even the drunks make some noise up until they pass out. J

        Don

      • Mike Benson

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 6, 2008

            Toss fans for being loud?  Are you serious?  Are you one of the bumps on a log or did I miss take your comments?  It’s football man if you don’t like it loud find another sport like basketball or baseball better golf you’ll find plenty of quite fans with those sports.  Foul mouthed is another matter, I don’t support that who could?

            Don