RE: [patriotzip] Lamont Jordan

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 5, 2008
      Interesting comment, Mark. As soon as we signed Jordan, I began to wonder how he and Morris will be used. It sounds like Morris may be the #2 guy between the 20's; with Jordan getting that job inside the 20. Morris can catch the ball, but isn't as good a receiver as Jordan; and isn't as quick. Both of those qualities are really critical in the RZ. This is a very impressive backfield right now, in terms of depth and versatility.

      I'm in heaven with all those rookie LBs in camp. I wish I could see pre-season games here; but I won't get anything until the season begins. ... I just realized that I have to check for 'streaming' on PS games. There may be some available.

      George

      “I think it’s easier to jump ship than to right the ship.” - Tedy Bruschi

      From: Jennifer <jennifer_76180@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: [patriotzip] Lamont Jordan
      To: patriotzip@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Monday, August 4, 2008, 11:23 PM

      Does anyone know how Lamont Jordan has been doing since joining the
      Patriots.

      I Have not read anything about his practices or workouts the PATS.

    • Mike Benson

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 5, 2008
          Jordan will be 30 this year, in November. Are you concerned about his
          age? We have players who play younger than they are, like Bruschi and
          Vrable. The Raiders were foolish to let this guy go. It was the
          Raiders, right? I hope so! LOL
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 5, 2008
            ***** Jordan is listed as 30, entering his 8th season. That's not young for a RB; but it's not past retirement age either. He should have a couple of good years left, as long as he isn't "the man", getting 25-30 carries per game. That will not be the case here. So,  based upon what I've read about his performance in camp thus far, he should be able to help us this year.

            George

            “I think it’s easier to jump ship than to right the ship.” - Tedy Bruschi

            He is going to be a monster inside the 20.  He is running hard, and catching the ball well out of the backfield.  He'll get those tough yards that we haven't seen in a while.  He looked good tonight.  Tweaked a hamstring a bit, coming up a little gingerly after a run but stretched out and stayed out and continued to practice.

            "It's beocome quite apparent, Bill Belichick could put Diet Pepsi Machine in his secondary and everything will still be copasetic." - Rich Eisen NFL Network

            Does anyone know how Lamont Jordan has been doing since joining the
            Patriots.

            I Have not read anything about his practices or workouts the PATS.

          • J.E. Travers