Re: [patriotzip] Lamont Jordan

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 4, 2008
      He is going to be a monster inside the 20.  He is running hard, and catching the ball well out of the backfield.  He'll get those tough yards that we haven't seen in a while.  He looked good tonight.  Tweaked a hamstring a bit, coming up a little gingerly after a run but stretched out and stayed out and continued to practice.

      "It's beocome quite apparent, Bill Belichick could put Diet Pepsi Machine in his secondary and everything will still be copasetic." - Rich Eisen NFL Network

      Does anyone know how Lamont Jordan has been doing since joining the
      Patriots.

      I Have not read anything about his practices or workouts the PATS.

    • llj7366@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 5, 2008
        He looked good to me yesterday.

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 5, 2008
          Interesting comment, Mark. As soon as we signed Jordan, I began to wonder how he and Morris will be used. It sounds like Morris may be the #2 guy between the 20's; with Jordan getting that job inside the 20. Morris can catch the ball, but isn't as good a receiver as Jordan; and isn't as quick. Both of those qualities are really critical in the RZ. This is a very impressive backfield right now, in terms of depth and versatility.

          I'm in heaven with all those rookie LBs in camp. I wish I could see pre-season games here; but I won't get anything until the season begins. ... I just realized that I have to check for 'streaming' on PS games. There may be some available.

          George

          “I think it’s easier to jump ship than to right the ship.” - Tedy Bruschi

          He is going to be a monster inside the 20.  He is running hard, and catching the ball well out of the backfield.  He'll get those tough yards that we haven't seen in a while.  He looked good tonight.  Tweaked a hamstring a bit, coming up a little gingerly after a run but stretched out and stayed out and continued to practice.

          "It's beocome quite apparent, Bill Belichick could put Diet Pepsi Machine in his secondary and everything will still be copasetic." - Rich Eisen NFL Network

          Does anyone know how Lamont Jordan has been doing since joining the
          Patriots.

          I Have not read anything about his practices or workouts the PATS.

        • Mike Benson
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 5, 2008
            How old is Jordon now, anyway?

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 5, 2008
              Jordan will be 30 this year, in November. Are you concerned about his
              age? We have players who play younger than they are, like Bruschi and
              Vrable. The Raiders were foolish to let this guy go. It was the
              Raiders, right? I hope so! LOL
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 5, 2008
                ***** Jordan is listed as 30, entering his 8th season. That's not young for a RB; but it's not past retirement age either. He should have a couple of good years left, as long as he isn't "the man", getting 25-30 carries per game. That will not be the case here. So,  based upon what I've read about his performance in camp thus far, he should be able to help us this year.

                George

                “I think it’s easier to jump ship than to right the ship.” - Tedy Bruschi

                He is going to be a monster inside the 20.  He is running hard, and catching the ball well out of the backfield.  He'll get those tough yards that we haven't seen in a while.  He looked good tonight.  Tweaked a hamstring a bit, coming up a little gingerly after a run but stretched out and stayed out and continued to practice.

                "It's beocome quite apparent, Bill Belichick could put Diet Pepsi Machine in his secondary and everything will still be copasetic." - Rich Eisen NFL Network

                Does anyone know how Lamont Jordan has been doing since joining the
                Patriots.

                I Have not read anything about his practices or workouts the PATS.

              • J.E. Travers
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 5, 2008
                  Not as much concerned as curious. It seems like ages ago that the Jets drafted him. But time flies - especially in the NFL.