Congrats Green!

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 18, 2008
      I'm not a big basketball fan, but congratulations Celtics!

      Sports fans in Boston have been truly blessed with good fortune, over
      the last several years. Unlike the futility of say, Philadelphia...

      http://www.phillysucks.com/

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 18, 2008
        While I am psyched for the Celtics - it is a little rough reminder of how close we came to a Trifecta of Sports Champions this year...

        Sox - Celts and...

        sigh

      • Monty Rodrigues
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 18, 2008

          Four ... it could have been four... :(

          Monty

          While I am psyched for the Celtics - it is a little rough reminder of how close we came to a Trifecta of Sports Champions this year...

          Sox - Celts and...

          sigh

        • patriotworld
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 18, 2008
            ((((((hugs))))))) all around!

            On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 10:14 AM, Monty Rodrigues <patfan1@...> wrote:

            Four ... it could have been four... :(

            Monty

            While I am psyched for the Celtics - it is a little rough reminder of how close we came to a Trifecta of Sports Champions this year...

            Sox - Celts and...

            sigh

            Mrs. B (Karen)

            http://karenjcardoza.com
            (for links to PatriotWorld.com, Mrs. B's Patriot World Podcast, Patriots Training Camp Reports, Muse with Me Podcast, & The 25th Hour, )
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 18, 2008
              ***** Allow me to finish that sentence for you, Sir. "Trifecta of Sports Champions this year ... Sox - Celts and ..." AFC CHAMPION NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS! That still ain't chopped liver.

              ***** It took a few months, but I truly am "at peace" with the loss to the Giants. I finally accept that it was, in fact, ONE GAME. The 18-1 Patriots had a great season; and they're back as favorites to add that 4th Lombardi to the trophy case this year (well, actually next year; this SEASON!) I acknowledge and accept that the Giants truly over-achieved in that game; similar to the performance of that huge underdog team that won the 2001 NFL Championship. Remember them? But for one incredible, unlikely pass completion, the Patriots would have that 4th championship now. So be it. But for one correct ruling on a "near" fumble, we'd only have 2 of them.

              ***** There will always be a "twinge" of discomfort when I think about the loss of Super Bowl 42. But the "pain" is behind me. On with the drive to Super Bowl 43!!

              George

              2008 Patriots - The Quad Squad

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 18, 2008
                ***** True, Monty. But the Bruins lost in the first round this year! ;-)

                George

                2008 Patriots - The Quad Squad

                While I am psyched for the Celtics - it is a little rough reminder of how close we came to a Trifecta of Sports Champions this year...

                Sox - Celts and...

                sigh

              • Don Diamant
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 19, 2008

                  Monty I didn’t know you were so into hockey.  The Bruins really were a long shot and not a serious contender.  Though they did push the first round of the playoffs to 7 games against a serious contender in the Canadiens.

                  Don - J Saying the Rev’s almost brought a big championship to New England is like saying the Nashua Pride or Boston Cannons will bring in the big Championship for New England too.