Jacked and Pumped! Also confused.

  • kevin M
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2008
      I am becoming very restless, and I need a football fix pretty soon, or
      I may resort to watching baseball on a regular basis. (lol)

      Hey, someone tell me the rule about how many players a team can have at
      mini camp, training camp, etc. I need to know because I was confused
      about Slaughter and Mixon being cut before camp even started. I assume
      there is a limit?
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2008
        The limit was 80 players plus a one player exemption per player 'sent' to NFL-Europe.  With the NFL-Europe league now defunct, that exception is likely gone but I'm not actually certain if they've made a roster adjustment as a result.

        I am sure our Punter won't double as a WR as George suggested because if we have only one punter on the roster as is likely at that point (regular season) then we wouldn't risk the punter on such a play - imo.

        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2008
          80 is the limit.  However, the 7 draft picks are not signed so they don't count against the 80.  Mixon and Slaughter had no chance of making the team so they cut them loose.  I doubt they could hook on with another team.

          "It's beocome quite apparent, Bill Belichick could put Diet Pepsi Machine in his secondary and everything will still be copasetic." - Rich Eisen NFL Network