7/31 afternnoon notes

  • Karen Cardoza
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2002
          Missed this morning but made it there for the afternoon. Big news of the day....(which everyone knows by now) was the Charlie Weiss was at practice on a motorized cart.  It must have been a long day for him out in the sun...it was very HOT!  He looked pale and his face looked real thin and drawn.  He was wearing shorts and you could see that he wore orthotics up to the knee.   I hung on the defensive side as always.  Guys were in shorts and mini-shoulder pads...(I heard that I missed a physical full pad practice this morning.... NUTS!)  Pepper worked with the linebackers and Romeo worked with the defensive line.  The big guys were kinda goofing while working on balance and coordination .... they looked like they were speed skating in slow motion...
          When both units came together they worked on pass plays with guys substituting in and out.  It was very fast paced as they were simulating real game situations.  The defensive players were standing in front of us so we didn't get to see much of the field at times but I like being 5 feet away from the players!  Heard lots of "Big Bru, Big Ted, Big Mac, you're in!"  from Pepper.    He needs to make a recording so that he doesn't have to keep reminding guys to stay behind the lines on the side line... "We're backing up..... We are backing up, right guys....." Sometimes he even sings it!!!   Coleman and Givens made big catches off Huard.   Antwan Harris (now out of the red jersey) sacked him and was quite excited as he screamed... "that's a sack baby!!"  Special teams units worked on punt coverage, safeties worked on knocking down passes (of the hail mary type...)  On the other field, Adam must have been hot because his fan club (of young ladies and/or kids) were quite vocal.
         Tidbits... RB, FB and TE's were signing today but didn't go over to that section at all... Instead my man came over and we took our "annual" training camp photo.  Of course, I didn't mind that he was hot and sweaty..... ;-) I noticed that he was hobbling a bit (as he was yesterday after practice) and I asked him if he was feeling the heat.  He told me that he has blisters the size of half dollars on both his feet.  You'd never know when he's on the field though....  We spoke for a few minutes and some fans came over for autographs... He signed some and later I saw him signing more over by the gym when we went to the parking lot.  (BB gave him some PROPS today... check out today's PVN http://www.patriots.com/mediaworld/mediadetail.sps?id=19251and BB's press conference http://www.patriots.com/news/fullarticle.sps?id=19255&type=general here!)  Deion and Graham are looking good.. Patten made a good grab and my son was happy to report that he dove so far that he almost fell on him... Here's a side note about Patten... my husband took a nice close up picture of him the other day and when my son gave it to him to sign yesterday,  he wrote on it..."To Jacob, Be so good, they can't ignore you!"  He's another class act....
          The PG-13 award today goes to none other than Tedy.... He was covering Edwards and tagged him then yelled out "That was a Pussy Route!"

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ~Karen~
      Strength, courage, and wisdom
      And it's been inside me all along....
      India.Arie
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • George R
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2002
        --- Karen Cardoza <bruschifan1@...> wrote:

        > The PG-13 award today goes to none other than Tedy.... He was
        > covering Edwards and tagged him then yelled out "That was a Pussy
        > Route!"

        ***** What ws "PG-13" about that, Karen. he was just telling Edwards
        that he runs quick as a cat, right?

        =====