Re: Owners Meetings and Events

  • kmacalp@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 7, 2008
      Mike,

      I was in the Phoenix area, Avondale I think, when the Pats played the Cowboys last season and they wouldn't even show the game on CBS even though the Cards were playing on FOX. In fact, they didn't show ANY game on CBS in that time slot. It was infomercials. One of the most highly anticipated and highest rated regular season games ever and they showed infomercials!! My brother-in-law and I rushed to a sports bar near his house which had Sunday ticket or whatever it is so we could see the game. We'd already missed a few minutes of the first quarter. They had the game on all right, but something made us freeze in our tracks for a moment. The place was packed wall to wall with Cowboys fans. Really loud, angry, and aggressive Cowboys fans. By chance, the only Patriots stuff I had on was my Patriots watch. My brother-in-law said he was going to stay on the opposite side of the bar and pretend he didn't know me if I cheered really loud for the Patriots.

      Scott Sheaffer

      PS: Actually, as the game went on, it turned out there were a few other Patriots fans there. We were way outnumbered though.

      In a message dated 4/6/2008 3:58:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, patriotzip@yahoogroups.com writes:
      Same here in Phoenix! The Cardinals since moving into the new facility
      have all sellouts
      and most games are shown in the late time slot. We don't change our
      clocks back here
      so part of the season the games air at 10:00 and 1:00 and the other part
      11:00 and 2:00!!
      So if the Pats air in the late time slots the Cards will out! Just FYI.
      Later.Mike