Re: Owners Meetings and Events

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 3, 2008
      Have to disagree here. The game is at 6:30, the pre-game starts at
      noon. I turn it on at about 6:00. I really don't care to see the
      story of how the third string right guard grew up on a commune in
      Iowa, or the linebackers coach who could have been a great player,
      if he hadn't blown out his knee playing softball in high school.
      Then there's the endless analysis, replays from week 3, and how the
      half-time show was assembled (and I love analysis). We've had two
      weeks of that all over the internet and ESPN. Just a little too much
      for me. Most people are eating during this whole time, anyway. LOL!

      fdb

      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 4, 2008
        <Randy> To be fair I had a chance to spend a month in Oregon training for my first Guide dog (love you Ostend!) during the footbal season of 2000. Unfortunately for the west coast the 1:00 games starting at 10:00 am are a little challenging to the routines. So while general football can reasonably work between 1 and 4 for me, I'd have to acknowledge playoff games and the Superbowl as not being totally unreasonable for a 4:00 start.

        <Scott> I have to admit that my wish for nothing but 1:00 PM Sunday games is selfish, for pure convenience on my part. Now that I think about it, I wouldn't object to watching games at 10:00. Once game day is here, it's hard to concentrate on other things until the game is actually underway and then finished. I try to read, and I'm constantly worried I'll lose track of the time. Even when that's not a problem, I can't focus because I keep thinking about the game. I'd like to see the game early in the day instead of enduring that wait. Now that I think about it, 10:00 would be good for watching the game on TV. As far as going to Foxborough and watching a game live, 1:00 works well. I especially hate late night games. If they were on Fridays or Saturdays, it wouldn't be a problem. Last season though, I had to be at work for 4:00 AM. There's nothing like those late night games dragging on past midnight. GRRRRR!!!!! (Fortunately, I now start my work days at 7:00, but still . . . ) I'd really like to see all the games on at a time that's both convenient and consistent instead of bouncing around all over the place.

        Scott Sheaffer

      • Peter
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 6, 2008
          As a West Coast Pats fan who lives in an AFC market (San Diego), I would really appreciate more 1 p.m. East Coast games for the Pats (10 a.m. here) as that makes it more likely I might get to see them.  When they play the same time as the Chargers when the Chargers are at home or away it makes it difficult to see the Pats.  I just wish CBS had the doubleheader  each week, lol.

          Peter
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 6, 2008
            Peter wrote:
            > As a West Coast Pats fan who lives in an AFC market (San Diego), I
            > would really appreciate more 1 p.m. East Coast games for the Pats (10
            > a.m. here) as that makes it more likely I might get to see them. When
            > they play the same time as the Chargers when the Chargers are at home
            > or away it makes it difficult to see the Pats. I just wish CBS had
            > the doubleheader each week, lol.

            Same here in Phoenix! The Cardinals since moving into the new facility
            have all sellouts
            and most games are shown in the late time slot. We don't change our
            clocks back here
            so part of the season the games air at 10:00 and 1:00 and the other part
            11:00 and 2:00!!
            So if the Pats air in the late time slots the Cards will out! Just FYI.
            Later.Mike
          • kmacalp@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 7, 2008
              Mike,

              I was in the Phoenix area, Avondale I think, when the Pats played the Cowboys last season and they wouldn't even show the game on CBS even though the Cards were playing on FOX. In fact, they didn't show ANY game on CBS in that time slot. It was infomercials. One of the most highly anticipated and highest rated regular season games ever and they showed infomercials!! My brother-in-law and I rushed to a sports bar near his house which had Sunday ticket or whatever it is so we could see the game. We'd already missed a few minutes of the first quarter. They had the game on all right, but something made us freeze in our tracks for a moment. The place was packed wall to wall with Cowboys fans. Really loud, angry, and aggressive Cowboys fans. By chance, the only Patriots stuff I had on was my Patriots watch. My brother-in-law said he was going to stay on the opposite side of the bar and pretend he didn't know me if I cheered really loud for the Patriots.

              Scott Sheaffer

              PS: Actually, as the game went on, it turned out there were a few other Patriots fans there. We were way outnumbered though.