Very little more information on Spy Gate

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2008
      I was very pleased to hear that Kraft and Bellichick made a private address to the Owners and Coaches which was apparently received fantastically.  The owners and coaches of other teams, even Bill Polian who gets dubious respect at best from me, allegedly gave Kraft a standing ovation with applause.  The league needs some solidarity presently because they are going to address a very tough issue in regards to revenue sharing but that's for a later message.  To me this was about putting the events of the past further into the past and setting the stage for moving forward.

      Very surprising to hear the Patriots confirm they have no donfidentiality agreement with Walsh wich takes away yet another of his alleged roadblocks in talking.  Kraft, Bellichick and Goodale all very clearly entreated him to come forward and made it clear every effort has been made to give him that opportunity and he has yet to do such.  The Commissioner even intimated he might pursue legal action for the claims if Walsh doesn't deliver.  This is something I'd love to get out but the key to that is in the hands of Walsh.  It's past time to  put his cards on the table and I'm glad to see the League is clearly more frustrated with his approach at this point.

      So while nothing of consequence beyond the Pats not having a non-disclosure with him, the situation is looking steadily less and less like anything of any significance against the Pats.  Still need to have it come out for certainty but I'm certainly getting less concerned.  No doubt the Pats have come out so strong on the topic from Bellichick and Kraft that it's all or nothing for them - they are either telling the truth as it seems they have since the start or their lie will make them so culpable the response would be massive.  They cannot call a bluff this severely if they aren't willing to risk a lot in their belief there is nothing for which they need be concerned.  I'm betting they aren't bluffing.

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2008
        You've summarized it well, Randy. However, I must point out that the outcome of the Walsh fiasco is very likely to have any impact on the level of condemnation and disrespect from the Pats haters around the nation. Whatever the official outcome, even if it were to include a full confession from Walsh that he was lying, and simply seeking s cash settlement, that very large group of idiots will continue to claim that everything the Pats have ever done should be ignored, because "they cheated to get it done." I really believe that it would go on even if the Pats were to win back-to-back SBs over the next two years. That's how deep the hatred goes for some people.

[...]

      • erdoboy_patsfan
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2008
          --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...> wrote:
          > I'm betting they aren't bluffing.
          >
          > Go Pats!
          > Zip

          Agreed. And I have the tape to prove it.

          Erdoboy
          Thinks that Walsh is hoding out for 3 snack packs and a slim jim.
        • Don Diamant
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3, 2008

            Don – Thinks it really doesn’t matter now as the intended damage was done back in February.