RE: [patriotzip] Re: Happy to BE Here

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2008
      True, Kevin. However, over the last 6 or 7 games of the season, the better teams stressed taking Moss out of the game, and giving Welker the short stuff, then taking him down. It appeared (as I noted earlier, we "TV Pats fans" can't be certain) that Brady was so focused on hitting either Moss or Welker, that Stallworth and/or Gaffney were underutilized; which limited our options. Our TEs were kept in to block most often, because the other goal of opposing defenses was to pressure Brady. We seemed to have only 2 options in many games, Moss or Welker, despite what appeared to most of us to be talented alternatives in Stallworth and Gaffney.

      I know that's over simplified, but it certainly appeared to be the explanation for our dramatically reduced offensive production from about Thanksgiving through the Super Bowl.