Re: Happy to be here...

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2008
      An excellent question, George; one that was on my mind all season as
      well. With all the talk of Stallworth's talents, for example, I was
      surprised that he was not thrown to more often. When he did get the
      ball in his hands, he more often than not, made a play. It just
      wasn't very often.

      I imagine, for all TB's talk of "my favorite receiver is the open
      one" talk, it's natural for a QB to become more comfortable with
      certain guys - Manning/Harrison, Montana/Rice, Aikman/Irvin, etc.
      With Welker seemingly always being open, and the big play capability
      of Moss, I'm sure it takes more discipline to spread it around. You
      have to look a little deeper into your progressions when you've got
      the likes of Reche Caldwell and Doug Gabriel on the field. ;o)

      > One of the most frustrating things about being a "TV view only"
      fan is that
      > it leaves us totally unable to fairly judge WRs or DBs. We just
      don't see
      > enough of what they're doing before the ball is thrown.
      >
      > So, in this specific case, I'm left to wonder if Stallworth and
      Gaffney were