Gaffney

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2008
      I'm not certain why only a one year contract for Gaffney but I suspect he might wish to raise his value a bit more by a year of positive play as well as give himself to remain with a team he purportedly really enjoys.

      After looking at the numbers on the Kelly Washington contract I really think he is a fantastic signing and a guy who really wants to be a Pat.  I wonder if he'll take to the receiving corps better with a full year under his belt to fully work on the playbook and his hands.  I think our receivers are a competitive and talented crew with a lot of desire.

      Gaffney won me over with his 2006 playoff performance but I'd ahve liked him to stand out a bit more against the Giants when Welker started getting extra attention and the shorter routes were in demand.