Re: [patriotzip] In GB, no Moss, no Favre...

  • rockmaul74@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 4, 2008
      Suprised brett didnt wait till training camp opened to make a decision again.....

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 4, 2008
        ***** Thanks for the memories, Brett. Unlike some, I believe that he's a very genuine, very nice guy. I hope he finds something that will bring him something close to the joy that he clearly got from playing football. He is one of my favorite non-Patriot players in NFL history. I applaud his great career; and I applaud his certain induction into the NFL HOF!

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 4, 2008
          ***** You forgot Otto Graham, Johnny Unitas, and Norm Van Brocklin! :-)

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 4, 2008

            I would add Roger Staughbach to that list and subtract Young.  Young was good but I still think his greatest claim to fame was supplanting an aging Montanna, he wasn’t in the same category as Montanna, he had all the weapons but never had the same successes.

            Don

[...]

          • Jan Smyth
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008
              Hate to see him go. He leaves befind a very young and talented team. Which is why I thought he'd give it one more year. But I'm sure the toughest thing in the world must be looking in the mirror and saying the word, "Enough."

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 5, 2008
                ***** Not for me. With this face and body, about 3 seconds looking in the mirror, and I'm saying "enough"! ;-)