LPC: Zip to take a risk

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3 5:49 PM
      Hello List,

      I don't view all the goings on of this year with entire Pats Purity by any stretch.  I've moved on from the old bad news and despite not being pleased with some of Bellichick's choices and Krafts choices, that old news is going to remain old news for me until and unless we learn new things positive or negative worthy of sharing and discussion.

      what I love most is the game of football and the Patriots are the team for which I have the most enthusiastic appreciation.  I'm very enthused to be back in the process of working forward to a new season and hopefully many encouraging aspects.  I look forward to a year full of on-field accomplishments and hopefully many fun times and discussions on this list and elsewhere.  I'm still rejoicing at the signing of Tedy Bruschi, accepting of Samuels moving onward and pleased to have Randy Moss on for a three year deal that is as 'reasonable' as I view any Football salary.  I'm glad we have Lonnie Paxton again and suspect much more news ahead will have a variety of good and less good but lead up to the 2008 team from which I hope to experience great things.

      On to the point of this message:
         I received several very reasonable notes from Jan Smith and given the reasonable interaction and the below note I'm sharing with you all from Jan Smith; I am going to allow Jan back onto the list after a few weeks of hiatus.  I ask you to do your best to keep an open mind even as I assure you any of the moderators and myself will be cautious and thorough in ensuring the list remains a quality community with good discussion albeit not always in agreement. I have communicated to Jan that we will error on the side of the list community if we deem things to become unreasonable and we will do such fairly quickly.  Our interaction on this list began while we were all at the most raw for various reasons; the pains and frustrations of a very turmultuous and emotionally charged season and ending to that season.  we all had reasons to struggle in that interaction and I'm honestly hopeful there may be positive and beneficial interactions in the future.

      So here is the note sent to me:

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3 6:13 PM
        Randy, I am all for it. Jan seems like a knowledgeable fan, with
        opinions to share. As I mentioned to you off-line, there is nothing
        wrong with contrary opinion, presented in a reasonable manner. It
        enlivens the discussion, and we usually learn something from it.
        Perhaps, ultimately, we can lure Jan back to our fandom. ;o)

        Jan, you're certainly welcome back, as far as I'm concerned. Just one
        question. Maybe it's just me, but shall I refer to you as "he" or
        "she". My wife is named Dana, so I she has that issue as well. LOL!

        fdb