Re: [patriotzip] Roll of dice may not gather Moss...

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2008
      Seems silly to me that he'd entertain other offers...his whole premise last year was to come to the Patriots so that he'd have a winning season. Yes, winning season...no, Super Bowl, but it's pretty darn close. He even took a pay cut to come to the best, so it seems like he should stay with the best even though we fell short of the big prize at the bitter end. Can't see him going to the Giants and having them repeat or having the Nags repeat...so if he leaves I think he's cutting his own foot.
      Did we franchise any player this year? It can be only one player, right?

      Susan
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2008
        Hmmm... How would this guy know what no one else seems to know. Sounds
        like just a hunch to me. Of course, I hope he's right. :o)

        fdb

        --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, Steve Basile <avatar@...> wrote:

        > On the other hand...
        >
        > http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/16093897.html?page=2&c=y
        >
        > (read down about halfway)
        >
        > --
        > Steve Basile
        > Manager
        > B.D. Riley's Irish Pub
        > Austin, TX
        > Official Home: Austin Patriots Club
        > Web: www.bdrileys.com
        >

        > On 2/29/08 8:04 PM, "Frank" <frank.dana@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Looks like the decision to not franchise Moss may not bear fruit.
        > > Appears he's testing the waters, although he remains in talks with the
        > > Pats.
        > >
        > > http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3271409
        > >
        > > fdb

      • Frank
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2008
          Good Tom Curran column on the fact that the Pats are more important to
          Moss than vice versa.

          http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/23408729/

          fdb