Re: season tixs invoice

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2008
      I've had my points in the past that I observed Kraft doing some things which did have the fans best interest at heart but the number of things which he's done to put that interest much lower on the list has now clearly risen beyond my interest or ability to defend him.  So this time around I'm with Bill, Sleuth and probably a few others in believing Kraft has absolutely been unreasonable to the common fan, many of whom built up a fair bit of fan foundation along the way too.

      He's an excellent owner for building and keeping a talented team in contention which is ultimately what I want to have here in New England.  I can't say I much like the price tag he pa$$e$ along to us for the building of Kraftville around the Stadium nor the penchant for letting the fan take second seat to the money there is to be made.

      I debated long and hard about my tickets this season and had to make some changes in order to manage the price increase.  My primary two seats increased by $880 and that's tough.  yes, I have great seats and yes it's been an amazing run but there comes a point, not far from now, when I can't justify the percentage of my income going to attending games live.

      FTFT,

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 28, 2008
          ***** I am, of course, not directly affected by the ticket situation. As a fan who never attends games, my objective concern on this is that it seems likely to lead to a decrease in the number of "real fans" who can attend the games. Tickets will be so damn expensive that the vast majority of them will be owned by corporations, and the truly wealthy, neither of which are going to be screaming their lungs out to harass the opposing offense on 3rd and 2 in a critical situation. In other words, it may well be the death of the "12th man" in the stadium. That, by any measure, is not a good thing for the team.

          ***** Bob Kraft should be made aware of this. It has nothing to do with his concern, or lack thereof, for the fans on a "people" level. It has to do with the BUSINESS of continuing to field a winning team. Regardless of the amount of money that the NFL generates for the players and the owners, it is still a game of EMOTION between the sidelines. A team without an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, involved crowd in the stadium will NOT be a consistent winner. I am willing to bet on that.

          ***** So why don't you local folks, especially those of you who are currently season ticket holders, start flooding the local media with letters making these points. I'd suggest limiting the anger. Just present the economic facts; and the potential negative affect that it could have on the team, if the "average fan" is priced out of the stadium.

          patsfanlt@cox. net wrote:
          > Well folks,
          >
          > Today we received our 2008 season tixs invoice in the mail.  So I was looking forward to reading the explanation why the ticket prices jumped up.  You know maybe something like they haven't gone up since 2004. Or help pay for the mini mall.
          > But nothing in the letter.  Not even a mention that the prices went up just the invoice.
          >
          > Do the Pats feel the average fan is PISSED???
          >
          > Big Al (am I over reacting??)

        • Don Diamant
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 29, 2008

            I can’t agree with that based on my experience.  Over the years I’ve had the opportunity to have seats in different areas all over the stadium and I’ve met a lot of season ticket holders.  I can tell you it isn’t just the occupants of the corporate seats that just sit there like a bump on a log doing nothing to help the team.  The fact is there are just a lot of people corporate and not corporate who attend the games and just sit there, as if it’s a Red Sox game, and only cheer after a touchdown or a big play.  I’ve actually been asked, in 3rd and long situations, by people who claimed to be season tickets holders to be quiet because they were trying to watch the game.  Then there was the time that I had to explain to some guy how I really was a real fan even though I didn’t make any noise when our offense was on the field and made a big ruckus when our defense was on the field, he felt he was inspiring our offense with shouts of encouragement from row 25 in the third tier.  Certainly the people in the red seats deserve some of the flak they get but the people in the blue seats deserve a little of it too.  It’s just my experience tells me these facts aren’t so factual.

            Don

          • llj7366@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 29, 2008
              There are always going to be dumb a$$es wherever you attend but I really do think for the most part we have smart fans.  I attended the Giants game and they were truly more noisy when their offense was on the field.  It was an odd phenomenon!  I love our team and our fans and I am biased!  However, I don't think our ownership loves us as much as I wished they did!
              LISA