Giants Defensive Approach to the Pats

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13, 2008
      I know many folks aren't ready to review the Superbowl now or possibly ever but if you've got the stomach for it, this is an excellent article on the Giants approach and it is done with a high amount of class and compliment to the Patriots.

    • Jan Smyth
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13, 2008
        Great article. I had forgotten what a fantastic play Corey Webster made on Brady's bomb to Moss on the second-to-last play of the game -- getting a hand in there and knocking the ball away. As for the overview on the Giant approach to the game -- it seems like it was a wonderful mix of common sense and pure genius. Makes me want to watch the game all over again!

        "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...> wrote:
        I know many folks aren't ready to review the Superbowl now or possibly ever but if you've got the stomach for it, this is an excellent article on the Giants approach and it is done with a high amount of class and compliment to the Patriots.

      • Don Diamant
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 13, 2008

          Any chance Corey Webster is a free agent?  He did a tremendous job of covering Randy Moss in this game.  Assante, I doubt, would have done as well as Corey given the same circumstances.  If our team is going to have to pay for a shutdown cornerback I’d like to see us get a shutdown cornerback.  It’s my opinion that Assante hasn’t been a shutdown cornerback this year and has often been beaten.  I’d rather see our cornerbacks frustrate the opposing quarterback with a lack of targets and never get an interception than get the occasional interception possibly during a game and give up several big plays every week.

          Don

          Great article. I had forgotten what a fantastic play Corey Webster made on Brady's bomb to Moss on the second-to-last play of the game -- getting a hand in there and knocking the ball away. As for the overview on the Giant approach to the game (edit of irrelevant comments only added to insult and incite.)

          I know many folks aren't ready to review the Superbowl now or possibly ever but if you've got the stomach for it, this is an excellent article on the Giants approach and it is done with a high amount of class and compliment to the Patriots.

        • Carrie Collins
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 13, 2008
            So did the Chargers and Jaguars secondary..they kept Moss pretty much quiet too..their secondary can be had, its the pass rush and lack of Matt Light being Matt Light that screwed the pocket...