RE: [patriotzip] Re: "Cheating"

  • NebraskaRSfan
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 10, 2008

      It is a known fact that most NFL and MLB teams work hard to observe signals of the other team and it has gone on since the inception of both sports.  How many times has the runner on 2b tried to tell the batter what pitch was coming? Anyone remember the accusations leveled at the Red Sox for someone using binoculars from the left field score board?   The Jets were identified as filming the patriots in 2006.  Most NFL teams have done it.  The  rule violation was where the Patriots were doing it from on the Jets sidelines.  I am not sure I understand the reason for the rule, the exact rule,  nor the reason why the Patriots felt they had to violate the rule when they could have been sitting high up in the stands with telephoto lenses and it would not have been illegal.  Maybe it was the combination of audio and video?  Film the team but don’t record and film the team?

      Chat  room and Forum Posting at: www.NewEnglandSportsCountry.com