Question about kick return team blocking

  • erdoboy_patsfan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2008
      Before I spend hours on this, can someone answer this question.
      I thought that quite a few years ago the NFL outlawed the flying wedge
      on kick returns. My understanding was that the blockers for the guy
      with the ball could not lock arms or hold hands as they ran up field.

      The reason I ask is that I noticed it on the opening KO of the SB. But
      then I also saw the Pats do it on their first KO return. So what is
      the rule? As long as they are not held together by chains and welded
      iron, it is ok?

      As I stated before, listening to this recap of the game, done BY NFL
      dot com, it sounds like they were rooting for the Giants and were
      indignant that no penalty was called.

      Why go so far out of your way to point out with slow motion replay and
      commentary, what 99% of the people would never notice anyways.

      Then again it might just be the final edit that they will sell to
      Giants fans for their yearbook DVD so that makes some sense.

      Erdoboy