Re: [SPAM] Re: [patriotzip] Who showed up?

    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 5, 2008
      I'm just so darn frustrated with the whole thing, that maybe I'm not using the right words in the right context.
      Part of me is so pro-Pats (as we all are here...) that it's hard to be gracious with this bitter loss...also I loathe the Giants because I'm a Cowboys fan and I'm sick to death of the Mannings and the descriptions of them (papers, media, etc) that have them one step short of heaven's angels. I just don't understand all of that hype over the Mannings that goes on and on and on..even when WE won in 2004 and 2005, they were still fawning over Manning. Just don't get it...I don't see equal treatment (at least in L.A.) of Brady and his accomplishments or the Pats in general, mostly criticism.
      I DO admit it's unusual for a father and two sons to all have played pro ball and for them to both have won SBs, and back to back no less...did Archie win a Super Bowl???
      That being said (and it's just opinion), I do know that the Giants had a charmed game on one given day...were they the best team? NO, not even close in my opinion, but they did bring the best game that day and got lucky with some of their sequences. So congrats to them, very reluctantly of course.
      I personally do think that I'd use the word choke with the Pats... to me it means that you didn't show up with your A game and didn't play or perform up to your ability. I don't think they came close to playing up to their ability and thusly, gave it away.
      ARRRGGG, I'm just so sad...whatever happened with their ability or not, it's going to take awhile for this sting to go away because it's not even close to the game I was expecting to see and that's where my surprise and shock comes in.

      Susan