Re: [patriotzip] Re: Who Showed Up

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2008
      I was wondering about that non-field goal too, seems like a dumb move. Yesterday the L.A. Times had an article depicting how the Giants would win and it did mention that defense and part of me was a tiny bit worried. But at NO time did I really think that we'd lose..maybe a close game but NOT a loss. When the Rams played the Patriots in 2002, I actually thought that the hype over the Rams was over the top because I had seen the Pats games on DirecTV. I still root for the Rams (even though they ditched us) but when the game started, I thought oh no...it's not going to happen. I never thought that yesterday at all and am still shocked to the core. The officials hold up yet another Manning...give me a break, gag. Thank goodness the third one is a business person, huh?
      Don't know how they get away with that.
      I'm willing to say congrats as a social nicety but in no way do I feel the Giants "beat" us--it was us giving it away and the officials helping that along. Chicago beat us fair and square in 1986 but the same didn't hold true yesterday.
      Like you Kevin, I had trouble sleeping and functioning--had to do my daughter's 13th birthday yesterday and that was hard to hold it together as I saw the game slip away. Can't cancel plans today but I'm sure hurting and pouting...feel like I've been hit by a stun gun or something.

      Susan