RE: [patriotzip] Victor Green is signed.

  • Rob Bosch
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 15, 2002
      First of all...don't worry Zip...I won't say I told you so :-). As for who's
      better between Tebucky and Green, I think it's a moot point. They're both
      going to play a lot, and this will even give the Pats a chance to rest
      Milloy once in a while. The interesting thing to me is that this is....I
      believe...Tebucky's last year under contract. This might make it a little
      harder for Tebucky to make his case for getting a huge raise. As it is the
      Pats have one safety making a ton of money. Can you have two highly paid
      safeties on your team? I don't think so. That being said, I really like
      Tebucky. He's a ferocious hitter and one hell of a special team's player.
      He's improved every year. Obviously he's a lot younger than Green so he
      would seem to represent the future at safety. But he might present the Pats
      with a problem after this year. It will be interesting to see how the Pats
      deal with it.

      -Pats Freak

    • PatriotZip
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 16, 2002
        I think Tebucky performed very well from the mid-point of last season
        onward. I think he was a very underated part of this team. Victor
        Green has been a much better safety than Tebucky but Tebucky has the
        speed, size and now enough familiarity with the system to play very
        competently. I think there IS question whether Green is still much
        more talented. He's great depth and will have plenty of playing time
        but I'm not certain he will unseat Tebucky. Motivate him? Yes!
        Teach him? Yes! Keep his contract in line next year? Probably.

      • PatriotZip
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 16, 2002
          Damn! I should just let Freak speak and say Ibid!

          Got a guarantee on next week's lottery number oh Freakish Swami?

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 16, 2002
            My "freakish" intuition only works with the Pats. I do not have this
            clairevoyant ability in any other aspect of my life, which is quite sad. Oh
            well...

            -Pats Freak