Re: [patriotzip] Victor Green is signed.

  • Kevin Moitoso
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 14 6:45 PM
      I think Green is a great pickup and I think he will
      take the starting job away from Tebucky Jones. There
      is no question that Green is much more talented than
      Jones is. What do you guys think?

      Kevin Moitoso

      http://autos.yahoo.com
    • Rob Bosch
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 15 6:02 AM
        First of all...don't worry Zip...I won't say I told you so :-). As for who's
        better between Tebucky and Green, I think it's a moot point. They're both
        going to play a lot, and this will even give the Pats a chance to rest
        Milloy once in a while. The interesting thing to me is that this is....I
        believe...Tebucky's last year under contract. This might make it a little
        harder for Tebucky to make his case for getting a huge raise. As it is the
        Pats have one safety making a ton of money. Can you have two highly paid
        safeties on your team? I don't think so. That being said, I really like
        Tebucky. He's a ferocious hitter and one hell of a special team's player.
        He's improved every year. Obviously he's a lot younger than Green so he
        would seem to represent the future at safety. But he might present the Pats
        with a problem after this year. It will be interesting to see how the Pats
        deal with it.

        -Pats Freak

      • PatriotZip
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 16 5:41 AM
          I think Tebucky performed very well from the mid-point of last season
          onward. I think he was a very underated part of this team. Victor
          Green has been a much better safety than Tebucky but Tebucky has the
          speed, size and now enough familiarity with the system to play very
          competently. I think there IS question whether Green is still much
          more talented. He's great depth and will have plenty of playing time
          but I'm not certain he will unseat Tebucky. Motivate him? Yes!
          Teach him? Yes! Keep his contract in line next year? Probably.

        • PatriotZip
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 16 5:44 AM
            Damn! I should just let Freak speak and say Ibid!

            Got a guarantee on next week's lottery number oh Freakish Swami?

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 16 6:20 AM
              My "freakish" intuition only works with the Pats. I do not have this
              clairevoyant ability in any other aspect of my life, which is quite sad. Oh
              well...

              -Pats Freak