RE: [SPAM] Re: [patriotzip] Super Bowl Prep Week

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2008
      ***** I am now wondering, during this week of useless trivia and such, how many of the Chuck Noll Steelers were with the team for all  4 of their Super Bowl wins. I have no idea, and I'm too damn lazy to try to do the research on it right now. Maybe I will later. I'm sure the rosters for the first and last of their 4 are available; so it shouldn't be that difficult.

      George
      "I don't have a whole lot of what-ifs. We won three Super Bowls," (Tom Brady)

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 30, 2008
        Here is an interesting question for the stat mavens. Who holds the
        record for most Super Bowl apperances for a player and for a coach?

        I'm thinking Charles Haley leads for players (just a guess) and I
        have no idea who leads for coaches but I have to think Dante is in
        the top 2 or 3.

        --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, rockmaul74@... wrote:

        > Here's a shout out to members of the pats orginization who have
        been here for four or more superbowls.

        > tom brady, matt light, kevin faulk, richard seymour larry izzo
        lonnie paxton mike vrabel (4)

        > tedy bruschi, troy brown (5)
        >
        > coach dante scarnechia (all 6)

        __
        http://webmail.aol.com

      • Levon
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 30, 2008
          Well, I answered my own question. Well Part 1 anyway.

          6 appearances by Mike Lodish, Buffalo, XXV-XXVIII; Denver, XXXII-
          XXXIII

          As for part 2, I only see a listing for head coaches (FYI, Shula
          leads with 6 appearances). I was also thinking, this will be Bill
          Belichick 7th super Bowl (2 with the Giants, 1 with the Pats as DC
          and 4 with Pats as HC).