RE: [patriotzip] Pre-Camp Roster Projection

  • John Warren
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2002
      Rob,

      Williams was both a RB and a WR in college. He got
      screwed by the NCAA and lost his last year of
      eligibility (sat out his Sr. year). He would have
      been a mid round draft pick otherwise.

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/TPvn8A/PfREAA/Ey.GAA/OWUolB/TM

      > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • PatriotZip
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 11, 2002
        Williams impressed me as well. I think he replaces Faulk this year.
        What was the NCAA reason on his 'screwing?'

        Cleeland - one good year and then two injury laden bouts. I'm
        remaining mildly hopeful for him. Mildly.

      • John Warren
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 11, 2002
          The Williams case had to do with him playing one year
          then dropping out of school, then going back to school
          at Grambling. The NCAA said that since his original
          class (when he played one year) had graduated, that he
          was ineligible, even though he had only played three
          years total. zzthey can give athletes a 5th year or
          even a 6th year because of medical, or Red Shirt a
          player and have him play his final year as a Graduate
          Student, but this kid they screwed.