RE: [patriotzip] Pre-Camp Roster Projection

  • Rob Bosch
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2002
      I agree completely except for the tight end position. I think one of the
      young guys...probably Holloway...will make it instead of Cleeland. I just
      think Cleeland is an injury waiting to happen. I do agree that Faulk's time
      is up with the Pats. Redmond is a much better third down back and much more
      dependable than Faulk. If only Redmond could stay healthy for an entire
      season. And Walt Williams is my super sleeper pick. In only a few
      appearances last year during pre-season he really impressed me. He looked
      like a natural at RB even though he was a WR in college. I'd like to see him
      get a bunch of carries during the pre-season this year to see what he's made
      of.

      -Pats Freak

    • John Warren
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 11, 2002
        Rob,

        Williams was both a RB and a WR in college. He got
        screwed by the NCAA and lost his last year of
        eligibility (sat out his Sr. year). He would have
        been a mid round draft pick otherwise.

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/TPvn8A/PfREAA/Ey.GAA/OWUolB/TM

        > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • PatriotZip
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 11, 2002
          Williams impressed me as well. I think he replaces Faulk this year.
          What was the NCAA reason on his 'screwing?'

          Cleeland - one good year and then two injury laden bouts. I'm
          remaining mildly hopeful for him. Mildly.

        • John Warren
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 11, 2002
            The Williams case had to do with him playing one year
            then dropping out of school, then going back to school
            at Grambling. The NCAA said that since his original
            class (when he played one year) had graduated, that he
            was ineligible, even though he had only played three
            years total. zzthey can give athletes a 5th year or
            even a 6th year because of medical, or Red Shirt a
            player and have him play his final year as a Graduate
            Student, but this kid they screwed.