Pre-Camp Roster Projection

  • John Warren
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2002
      This is how I see the roster pre-training camp.
      If this list looks like Miguels, it should, I copied
      it and made some chnages.

      Sure Bets (36)
      QB - Brady, Huard (2)
      OL - Light, Compton, Woody, Andruzzi, GRR, Kenyatta
      Jones, Tylski (8)
      WR - Brown, Patten, Branch, Donald Hayes (4)
      TE - Graham (1)
      RB - Antowain Smith, Redmond (2)
      FB - Edwards (1)
      DE - Pleasant, Hamilton, McGinest (3)
      DT - Seymour. Martin (2)
      LB - Bruschi, Vrabel, Izzo, Phifer (4)
      CB - Law, Otis Smith, Knight (3)
      S - Milloy, Tebucky Jones, Harris (3)
      ST - Vinatieri, Walter, Paxton (3)

      Probable (11)
      QB � Davey (1)
      OL - Reugamer (1)
      TE � Cleeland, Fauria (2)
      FB - Pass (1)
      DE - Green (1)
      DT � Sayler, Lyle (2)
      LB - Ted Johnson (1)
      CB � Myers (1)
      S - Cherry (1)

      Open Spots on the roster (6)
      Best Bet
      WR � 1 Givens
      RB � 1 Walt Williams
      LB � 2 Phillips, Chatham
      DB � 2 Porter, Chris Hayes

      PUP
      Womack

      In Jeopardy

      Chris Sullivam
      Dave Nugent
      Brock Williams
      Arther Love
      Jabari Holloway
      Adrian Klemm
      Kevin Faulk
      Fred Coleman
      Marty Moore
      Rob Kelly
      Ben Kelly
      Tony Scott

      I think Reugamer will make the team because of his
      versatility, since he can play all three OL positions.
      Klemm�s time is up!

      Faulk can easily be replaced as the 3rd down back by
      Williams who can also chip in as a WR if need be.
      Faulk fumbles too often and does not block well. His
      KO returns weren�t very good either and that is how
      Givens will make the team as a KO returner. Givens
      can also play RB too, and has a reputation as a good
      downfield blocker.

      Green gets the nod because he is a rookie that may
      replace McGinest in a few years. That knocks out
      Nugent, who is a fire plug type of player Bellichick
      likes. Lyle can play both inside and out and is a
      player "that gets it".

      This doesn't take into consideration any last minute
      signings they may make (Herman Moore, Darnay Scott)

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Rob Bosch
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 11, 2002
        I agree completely except for the tight end position. I think one of the
        young guys...probably Holloway...will make it instead of Cleeland. I just
        think Cleeland is an injury waiting to happen. I do agree that Faulk's time
        is up with the Pats. Redmond is a much better third down back and much more
        dependable than Faulk. If only Redmond could stay healthy for an entire
        season. And Walt Williams is my super sleeper pick. In only a few
        appearances last year during pre-season he really impressed me. He looked
        like a natural at RB even though he was a WR in college. I'd like to see him
        get a bunch of carries during the pre-season this year to see what he's made
        of.

        -Pats Freak

      • John Warren
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 11, 2002
          Rob,

          Williams was both a RB and a WR in college. He got
          screwed by the NCAA and lost his last year of
          eligibility (sat out his Sr. year). He would have
          been a mid round draft pick otherwise.

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/TPvn8A/PfREAA/Ey.GAA/OWUolB/TM

          > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          http://sbc.yahoo.com
        • PatriotZip
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 11, 2002
            Williams impressed me as well. I think he replaces Faulk this year.
            What was the NCAA reason on his 'screwing?'

            Cleeland - one good year and then two injury laden bouts. I'm
            remaining mildly hopeful for him. Mildly.

          • John Warren
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 11, 2002
              The Williams case had to do with him playing one year
              then dropping out of school, then going back to school
              at Grambling. The NCAA said that since his original
              class (when he played one year) had graduated, that he
              was ineligible, even though he had only played three
              years total. zzthey can give athletes a 5th year or
              even a 6th year because of medical, or Red Shirt a
              player and have him play his final year as a Graduate
              Student, but this kid they screwed.