Who do you want the Patriots to play?

  • David Price
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 3, 2008
      My father asked me this question today.  My first reaction was Pittsburgh.  Of course Tennessee wouldn't be bad either.  But then I had a chance to think about it.  I go on the CBS sportsline message board a lot and the Patriots haters are there in full force.  So I thought, well if the Pats played Jax (flavor of the month, got hot at the right time, etc.), Indy (Defending champs, "real super bowl"), and Dallas (America's team, best in NFC), then at least they will have beat every team that all the haters thought could take down the Pats.  A little more thought gave me one more interesting scenario.  If the Pats played the Titans, Jags, and Pack, then they will have played, and beaten 11 of the 12 playoff teams at some point during the season.  How cool would that be?  What an amazing statement that could make for best team ever.  The '72 fins couldn't make a claim like that.  This formula also works if the play the Bucs in the Super Bowl, but c'mon lets be serious.

      Dave
    • David Price
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 3, 2008
        My bad, I forgot the Seahawks.  Plus can't count Pats.  9 of 12 isn't bad either.
[...]

      • kevin M
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 3, 2008
          Yeah, Dave, that would be cool! Who could argue with that?

          --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "David Price" <castsashadow@...>

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 3, 2008
            You've got some interesting scenarios there Dave...you're right about the '72 Fins. From what I've read, they didn't play many teams that had winning records during those 14 victories.
            What are some of the posters saying about the methods these teams can use to take down the Pats? Do they have some legit answers or is it just hot air basically?

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 3, 2008
              It sure isn't bad at all...we've beaten or will/might beat some very good teams so far.
[...]

            • erdoboy_patsfan
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 3, 2008
                --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "David Price" wrote:

                >If the Pats played the Titans, Jags, and Pack, then they will have
                played, and beaten 11 of the 12 playoff teams at some point during the
                season. How cool would that be?

                Sir, I like the way you think!
                Although, I think we have already shown that this year's schedule for
                the Pats was way tougher than what Miami faces in '72, another step or
                two does not hurt.

                And if Indy wants to belly-ache, then they should have beat us the
                first time round. And played HArrison.

                Erdoboy
              • erdoboy_patsfan
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 3, 2008
                  --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "David Price" <castsashadow@...> wrote:

                  > My bad, I forgot the Seahawks. Plus can't count Pats. 9 of 12
                  isn't bad either.

                  Actually that would be 9 of 11. Seeing as you cannot count the Pats.

                  Erdoboy - Your too excited for your own good.
                • erdoboy_patsfan
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 3, 2008
                    --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Moore" <scmoore@...> wrote:

                    > You've got some interesting scenarios there Dave...you're right
                    about the '72 Fins. From what I've read, they didn't play many teams
                    that had winning records during those 14 victories.

                    Actually, of the 14 regular season opponents, 2 of them had 8-6
                    records, neither of which entered the post season.
                    Ny Giants and Kansas City were those 2 teams.

                    Erdoboy
                  • David Price
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 4, 2008
                      Right 9 of 11.  That would be pretty sweet.  So far they've beat 6 of 11 and can only face three more teams.
                      > My bad, I forgot the Seahawks.  Plus can't count Pats.  9 of 12
                      isn't bad either.

                      Actually that would be 9 of 11. Seeing as you cannot count the Pats.

                      Erdoboy - Your too excited for your own good.

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      <*> Your email settings:
                          Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:
                          mailto:patriotzip-digest@yahoogroups.com
                          mailto:patriotzip-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • Frank
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 4, 2008
                        I've heard 5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions. ;o)

                        fdb

                        patriotzip@yahoogroups.com<mailto:patriotzip@yahoogroups.com>, "David