Impressive Offensive 'stat' or detail

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2008
      From the Blog:
      Patriots players were named AFC Players of the Week 10 times this season.

      ***
      10 out of 17 weeks...that's pretty amazing!

      I believe there is little question Brady will take MVP but will he also get offensive player of the year or will Moss grab that honor?

    • Frank
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2008
        And Karen Guregian is reporting in the Herald this morning, that BB has
        won the coach of the year award, though the results will not be made
        public until Jan. 12th.

        http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?
        articleid=1064306

        fdb

        --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2008
          That is tremendous news in my mind.  I thought the voters would scorn him for Cameragate but clearly this is a well deserved accomplishment as he kept his team remarkably well managed under a very heavily pressure laden season.  Tedy Bruschi routinely has said that this is Bill's best job coaching in his opinion and you cannot overlook what it takes to be 16-0 and play so many top notch teams.

          I hope he continues to earn it.

          I needed a recharge to my Belichick fandom this year and the article, "Under the Hoodie," was exactly the article I needed to recharge my belief in him as a person as well as the great Coach I already knew him to be.

          wrote:

          > From the Blog:
          > Patriots players were named AFC Players of the Week 10 times this
          season.

          > ***
          > 10 out of 17 weeks...that' s pretty amazing!
          >
          > I believe there is little question Brady will take MVP but will he
          also get offensive player of the year or will Moss grab that honor?

          > Go Pats!
          > Zip

        • erdoboy_patsfan
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2008
            Yes, Zip,
            As we all know your fandom can wane at times.
            Glad to have you back on board.
            Hopefully Brady will win MVP to solidify your support of the team
            through the playoffs and actually sleep at night. I am sure that this
            award will completely change the way BB approaches the playoffs and
            will drive him to seek another new contract from Bob Kraft. NOT.

            Erdoboy - Bets that BB uses it to prop his office door open.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 3, 2008
              I'm sorry I confused you so readily even if you were mostly intending to be tongue in cheek.

              Let me clarify the point you missed whether actually or in &attempt* at humor!

              You may note I've always known Bellichick to be a great head Coach (and in fact stated that for you in the message).  This is mostly true as I wasn't convinced when we first hired him but he didn't waste too much time in convincing me!

              The challenge is coming to understand whether I thought him particularly admirable as a human being.  There have been many indicators that were not particularly flattering and those remain.  While I want to win a lot of football games, I'd never want to root for, pardon the pun, a total hoodlum.  The article "under the Hoodie" demonstrated some very positive elements of Bellichick as a human which pleased me much.

              As for the award, he entirely deserves it in my opinion but I thought others with voting prowess might reject him due to cameragate and other personal issues with him.  I suspect Bellichick will value the award more than you suggest but either way, the key is my appreciation he received what he deserved and had no basis of my fandom hinging on it.

              Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 10:11 AM

              --- "RandyZ. Pierce" wrote:

              > That is tremendous news in my mind.
              > I needed a recharge to my Belichick fandom this year and the
              article, "Under the Hoodie," was exactly the article I needed to
              recharge my belief in him as a person as well as the great Coach I
              already knew him to be.

              > Go Pats!
              > Zip

            • Don Diamant
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 3, 2008

                I for one fully expected Belichick to receive the award for best coach.  Cameragate aside, no other coach has been able to go 16-0 in the regular season.  It would have made a mockery of the award if Belichick had not received it.

                Don