When Do You Want The Colts To Lose?

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2007
      ***** I have mixed feelings on my answer to that question. I despise the
      Colts; or, more accurately, I despise the guys who run the Colts, Irsay,
      Polian, and Dungy. I want them to lose every game they play, with the sole
      exception being the last one, which could have put Romeo Crennel into the
      Playoffs.

      ***** So, that feelings pushes me to hope that the Chargers, their likely
      opponent in the Division Championship round, beat the crap out of them in
      their own building!

      ***** But, OTOH, there is no team that I enjoy watching get defeated by our
      Patriots than the Colts. So, that part of me would prefer that they make it
      to Foxboro for the AFC Championship game, and get their ass kicked by our
      guys!

      ***** How do you feel about it?

      George
      "I don't have a whole lot of what-ifs. We won three Super Bowls," (Tom
      Brady)
    • Frank
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2008

        > ***** So, that feelings pushes me to hope that the Chargers, their
        likely
        > opponent in the Division Championship round, beat the crap out of
        them in
        > their own building!
        >
        > ***** But, OTOH, there is no team that I enjoy watching get defeated
        by our
        > Patriots than the Colts. So, that part of me would prefer that they
        make it
        > to Foxboro for the AFC Championship game, and get their ass kicked
        by our
        > guys!
        >
        > ***** How do you feel about it?

        George, sending the Colts home from Foxboro as 21 point losers would
        be a most satisfying feeling.

        fdb
      • patsfanlt@cox.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2008
          George,
          I think we all would agree Indy would be our toughest test. When the Goober is on he's on!!! It would be sweet to knock them out of the playoffs. And I can't explain it but I'm not a big fan of Dungy.

          Not sure if it could happen but Jacksonville is a team that scares me. They seem to be peaking at the right time and have a great running which eats up a lot of the clock. We seem to have a hard time with teams that can run. So they could keep our offense off the field.

          I still think SD is a fraud. Don't believe in the hype.

          Its the second season, Are you ready for some football??!!

          Big Al (can't wait for Jan 12)
          ---- Frank <frank.dana@...> wrote:
          > --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "George" <patswingr@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > ***** So, that feelings pushes me to hope that the Chargers, their
          > likely
          > > opponent in the Division Championship round, beat the crap out of
          > them in
          > > their own building!
          > >
          > > ***** But, OTOH, there is no team that I enjoy watching get defeated
          > by our
          > > Patriots than the Colts. So, that part of me would prefer that they
          > make it
          > > to Foxboro for the AFC Championship game, and get their ass kicked
          > by our
          > > guys!
          > >
          > > ***** How do you feel about it?
          > >

          > George, sending the Colts home from Foxboro as 21 point losers would
          > be a most satisfying feeling.
          >
          > fdb

        • Don Diamant
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 1, 2008

            It would be but I’m afraid of the officiating when we are on the field with the Colts, you just don’t know what’s going to happen.  I would much prefer to see the Colts knocked off at home and our team not have to play them.

            Don

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 1, 2008

              I honestly don't care when the Colts lose.  We beat them at their house this year so it's managed and they get no ggripes.  I'll happily play whoever we draw and feel just fine if we can earn the wins all the way to the prize.

              That said, what I expect from the AFC Tournament:

              Tennessee - the most fraudulent team in the dance and they won't get past  their opening round.

              Jacksonville - Many fear them and rightly so but I honestly think they get trapped in Pittsburgh who they beat solidly recently and for which the Steelers have now rested up and are going to resume the run defense for which they are famous and for which Jacksonville is beaten.  Now Pitt is pretty beat up in general but they've got a one game run in them.

              Pittsburgh - if not for their injuries they'd be more dangerous and they will not complete their grudge tour because they get to come to Foxboro for their exit.  Their suspect safety play is ultimately their downfall in New England and the loss of Parker does slow them too much as well.

              SanDiego - While Ad doesn't fear them I give them the most respect left in the playoffs.  Their healthy, have started adjusting their offensive game plan such that Chambers and Rivers hit their stride together.  Chambers and Rivers makes Gates and Tomlinsen all the more dangerous and this team can get after the ball and cause turnovers like no other team out there.  Merriman on Kaiczur makes me nervous and we don't even know that we have Kaiczur... so I see San Diego dominating Tennessee and then getting into a physical battle they win at Indy.  Their trip to Foxboro will have them worn down and playing in the cold which is just enough for our already more talented team to advance (hopefully).

              Indianapolis - a second bye week this week to get fully healthy isn't enough for Harrison and Freeney which is enough to get them in trouble.  They make a game of it in their dome but Tomlinsen is too much for them and the Chargers advance.  Peyton is human without Harrison and an offense that has less quality on the line.  He's still dangerous and Adai could get them by a lot of teams but not the San Diego defense.

            • erdoboy_patsfan
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 1, 2008
                --"RandyZ. Pierce" wrote:
                > That said, what I expect from the AFC Tournament:
                >
                > Tennessee - the most fraudulent team in the dance and they won't get
                past their opening round.
                -------
                Biggest problem for them is their offense, which has been very
                offensive at times.

                > Jacksonville - Many fear them and rightly so but I honestly think
                they get trapped in Pittsburgh <snip>
                -------
                I actually think the game this weekend will be Jax over Pitt by and
                even greater margin than last time. The Pittsburgh depth chart doesn't
                have any. Depth that is. Was just reading on line how they have 2 Off.
                tackles that will dress for the that game. And the list of problems
                for them goes on and on.

                > Pittsburgh - if not for their injuries they'd be more dangerous and
                they will not complete their grudge tour because they get to come to
                Foxboro for their exit. Their suspect safety play is ultimately their
                downfall in New England and the loss of Parker does slow them too much
                as well.
                ------
                One big difference is that they will have Troy "my hair IS my jersey"
                Polamalu back at safety instead of Mr. Guarantee. Of course other
                players have fallen since he came back so that might all be a moot point.

                > SanDiego -
                -------
                Agreed that this is the team that I think could give us the most trouble.

                > Indianapolis - a second bye week this week to get fully healthy
                isn't enough for Harrison and Freeney which is enough to get them in
                trouble.
                ------
                Well, no amount of bye weeks will bring back Freeney this season. And
                as for Harrison, who knows. They have been giving everyone the
                impression that if he had been needed, Marvin would have been ready to
                play. Maybe its true, maybe it isn't. But by not playing him at all in
                the last few weeks, that means, at best, he is going to be rusty. At
                worst it means that this is one bear of an injury and he might not be
                right until next July.

                Regardless, there is enough for the Pats to work on to get ready.
                I have chosen to not purchase a 16-0 t-shirt, despite the appeal of
                the classic grey one. I'm waiting for something that looks more like
                Johnny Unitas. His number that is.

                Erdoboy
              • Rich
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 2, 2008
                  Happy New Year Guys& Gals.

                  Some might argue that, It would be nice to see us not have to play
                  teams we have problems with or that present the biggest obstacle en
                  route to the SB. I personally, would love nothing more than to see
                  another SB victory notched just to shut up the critics...However
                  wouldnt that be so much sweeter to achieved it, having beaten the
                  biggest,baddest, hottest opponents that are out there right now. I
                  say Bring 'Em On. Well take on who ever we draw of course...but the
                  proof of a dynasty is... did we beat the best of the rest. If we end
                  up drawing a lucky pretender... the critics will continue to be
                  relentless. I want to see them all shut up.!
                  Look... We know what we have. If we play the way we are capable... it
                  won't be a Slam Dunk...but when the dust settles after a tough battle
                  it will sure feel like one. There's My 2 cents

                  I SEE JAX & SD COMING OUT WINNERS IN AFC WILD CARD WEEKEND.

                  --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...>