Football Player Sacrifices the Bucks to Serve His Country

  • philw1776@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2002
      One reason that I respect and have faith in this young generation are volunteers like Pat Tillman the Cards starting safety who's losing million$ to go join the army to become a ranger and defend me, you and our families from those sworn to kill us.

      http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news/ap/20020523/ap-cardinals-tillman.html

      -- Arizona Cardinals safety Pat Tillman is giving up the NFL for the Army.

      Tillman said Thursday he is enlisting in the Army for three years. Cardinals coach Dave McGinnis said Tillman, a two-year starter at free safety, wants to go through boot camp and join the elite Rangers program with his younger brother, Kevin, an infielder who spent last year with the Cleveland Indians' organization.

      -philw (thankfull for people like this)