Re: Newb question...

  • Levon
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4 6:56 AM
      Regarding Moss on 4th Down. I believe the D was called for illegal
      contact on that. From the replay, it looked like Moss was tackled,
      but I don't remember seeing a facemask or Moss's helmet comming off.

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...>
      wrote:

      > George gave a pretty good description which I certainly appreciated
      as the few folks at my home had to share what they could from it
      amidst our rather jubilant celebrations. I think the key is that the
      ball showed no jostling. The movement it did show was more
      indicative of his moving it than it moving and him trying to
      recontrol it. Obviously I'm not seeing the play so I'm only
      addressing my opinion of what cntrol would be in this instance.

      > These judgment moments are the most precarious for the league and
      realize that in review they have to see incontrovertable evidence to
      over rule the call on the field. My understanding despite that is
      that this was a good call.

      > Here's the Zip view from Gino on that play:
      > "First down, looking, looking, looking and Brady throws it away out
      the back corner of the endzone (pause) no! Touchdown!!"

      > Gaffney was out of the sight lines of our radio announcers too.
      >
      > When on a prior fourth down Brady had scrambled for the first down
      the report is that Moss was taken down by his face mask at the line
      of scrimmage and actually had his helmet ripped off in the process -
      anyone see this little gem?

      > Rodney Harrison says we were outphysicalled for the first time in
      his memory as a Patriot....interesting and I suspect some prideful
      Patriots are going to have a message game on Sunday...but I would
      have thought they had more for this game after the Eagles.

      > Go Pats!
      > Zip

      NEED
      > another obsession) and I give serious props to the Ravens (TWO
      yards
      > from a turnaround, and some hellaciously good D throughout) but I
      need
      > a clarification...
      >
      > Can someone explain to me how that final TD of ours was "in his
      > control"? Given how they stood with the field call, I'm guessing
      I'm