The Wry Mr Brady

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2007
      ***** In case you missed it, here's a great line by Tom Brady. During the
      post game interview, he was asked about his feelings on that 4th Down play
      when the Ravens stopped him, but had called a time out before the snap.
      Brady, with a barely discernable wry grin, said, "I heard the whistle.
      Otherwise, I would have made it." Dontcha luv this guy? :-)

      George
      "I don't have a whole lot of what-ifs. We won three Super Bowls," (Tom
      Brady)
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2007
        Just to ensure everyone knew he was saying it tongue in cheek he did continue with more: "Otherwise I'd have made it" along with a full smile to give way to his humor which had the whole media room laughing heartily.  He continued with "I stopped when I heard the whistle."

        I believe Tom Brady has never failed to achieve the first down on a QB sneak for third and short or fourth and short.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2007
          That is funny...man, the press conference didn't look as though BB had won the game. He seemed pretty grim, but since the ball is in his court with regards to field location, then he has to step up his game plans.
          They all make mistakes and missteps...I think that we have come to expect these huge point differences in most of our games this season and when a few come along like this we cringe.
          I was really surprised at the defense and it's lack of execution last night AND also that Brady got sacked so many times..not usually the way we get to see it.

          Susan