Thursday

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2007
      ***** That is my goal for beginning to breathe again.

      ***** I am literally shaking all over. My head is pounding. I am sweating. I
      have chills throughout my body.

      ***** Tom Brady is the best QB in the history of the NFL. I will accept no
      arguments on that. Anyone who does not agree is either totally unfamiliar
      with the game of American professional football; has not seen Brady play
      very often; or is ridiculously blinded by prejudice against the Patriots
      team. He SO saved the ass of a very uninspired, ineffective defense in this
      game!

      ***** It's noon here now. I have opened a beer, and poured a shot of Jack.
      Excuse me. I have to use those to attempt to beat that Thursday target for
      breathing again!

      George
      "I don't have a whole lot of what-ifs. We won three Super Bowls," (Tom
      Brady)
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2007
        Tom is a fantastic Quarterback and I think he very well may be the greatest to play this game at his position but absolutes on opinions with such a strong belittling of disagreement is as unreasonable to me as you suggest for the folks who don't agree with you.  Tom threw some ugly balls yesterday, Tom missed some good opportunities and Tom helped lose the game on a 'feailed QB sneak' which by the luck of a timeout did not occur officially.

        Tom put it together just in time and made the key plays but he was also fortunate with several near interceptions and a great winning catch by Gaffney.  No doubt there were drops which some of them I suspect had to do with receivers struggling to track the ball in untypical winds.  Tom also had pressure even a sack once on a three man rush which is simply abysmal.  This is now back to back games with a trio of sacks nad high pressure so somebody named Scarnechia better be getting on his linemen.

        All that said I can think of no Quarterback I'd want in place of Tom for this team.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 4, 2007
          ***** Yes, Randy, you are totally correct to chastise me for allowing my enthusiasm and exuberance to carry me beyond the line of "acceptable strong opinion". I should have stated it as such, and not gone beyond it to launch unreasonable criticism of those who might disagree, for whatever reasons.

          ***** However, we are in total agreement on the fact that we would not choose to have any other QB running this Patriots team. I include all QB's, living or dead, active or retired, when I say that.

          ***** Of course, no QB is, or ever has been, perfect throughout a game. The mistakes and sub par plays you noted were definitely there. But, in this incredible season, he has not yet failed to regain his composure, and call upon all of his mental and physical skills to make huge plays when required to get us the win. He's had to do it three times; against the Colts, Eagles, and Ravens. Each time, he's succeeded. And we have seen him do that many, many times during his career. Of course, he has failed a few times, over the years. So, again, he's not perfect.

          ***** So, to restate my comment about Tom in a less aggressive manner, I'll say that, in my opinion, Tom Brady is the best QB who ever played the game. :-)