The Wrong ' B' QB

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
      ***** It is too obvious to ignore. The fact is that Kyle Boller has
      outplayed Tom Brady in the first half of this game. Boller has been more
      composed. Boller has definitely been more accurate. Brady is not playing
      anything close to his 'A' game.

      ***** Obviously, we are still in position win it, which I believe we will.
      But Brady has to get himself together, AND our receivers have to start
      making catches when the ball hits them in the hands.

      ***** Oh, one more thing, Laurence Maroney is a bust in our scheme. He has
      to go after this season. I STILL think, crazy as it sounds, that we may pick
      up a RB who can run hard, if only as a backup for our short yardage guy,
      Evans, and leave Maroney off the Playoff roster. I know it sounds crazy. But
      tell me what he brings to this team? I see nothing at all.

      ***** Now, it's half time. Let's wake up the offense!

      George
      "I don't have a whole lot of what-ifs. We won three Super Bowls," (Tom
      Brady)
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
        Are you kidding me??? It's 17-10 now...come ON Patriots!!
        I sure don't want to see home-field go down the drain.

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
          I have not been a fan of Maroney's overall performance thus far this season but he showed some very positive flashes at a few points last night.  He does not have to leave this team but he does have to improve more and I think tonight showed some improvements.  There are many backs I'd rather have than him but you cannot have the top player at every position and we've put a little mphasis on a 'decent' QB and some weapons for him in the receiving world.

          Maroney was fantastic on that catch and run with Brady.

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007
            ***** I remain unimpressed with Maroney as a RB. Yes, he looked very good "out in space" on both of the passes Brady threw to him. But, as a RB, he was, once again, almost totally ineffective. He had 34 yards on 13 carries, with a "long" run of 7 yards. That is simply not acceptable for the guy you want to be your primary RB. In fact, in this game, Kevin Faulk performed more like a #1 RB, and Maroney more like a 3rd Down back.

            ***** As far as I'm concerned, the label "bust" is appropriate for him, considering his draft position, and the expectations for a starting RB.

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 4, 2007

              I agree that Maroney had impressive YACs on both of his receptions.  I also have to agree he shows promise but I am disappointed he has not shown his true potential yet.  Last night I noticed that everytime he was stopped he turned his back and when he turned his back his run was done.  I personally would like to see Maroney not turn his back and drive for an extra few yards.  I think he hit the holes available well last night so I will say he showed ‘some’ improvement.  That said I believe that when Morris is healthy he will be our feature back not Maroney.

              Don