Question about Foxborough/Gillette for the regulars

  • Levon
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 2, 2007
      I'm heading into Gillette for the Steelers game. I'm comming from NY
      and my friend is comming down from the NH seacost area. I would like
      to find a place that we can leave one of the cars without having to pay
      the stadium rate for 2 cars. I'm woundering if there is a 'Park and
      Ride' or someplace else that we could utilize?

      I'm guessing I will take Rt 84 to the MA Pike to Rt 495 and he will
      take 495 the whole way.

      Does anybody have any suggestions? Ideally I would like to find
      a 'park and ride' on 495 somewhere between the intersection of the Pike
      and 495 and Foxborough. Rt 95 is also an option but I was trying to
      avoid the higher toll.

      Any held would be appreciated. Thanks.
    • avatar@stevebasile.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 2, 2007
        There is a large parking lot at the Target in Plainville which is JUST off
        495 to the South on Rt. 1. The address is actually 91 Taunton St,
        Plainville, MA
        (508) 643-5193 but it is less than a mile off 495 on Rt.1 South and we left
        a truck there during the Redskins game with no issues at all. From there
        it is a straight shot up Rt. 1 to the stadium. No idea if it's legal, but
        there were no signs posted and we were not the only one doing so.

        Go Pats,

        Steve In Austin

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 3, 2007
          I could look up the location through friends but we've used a Lowews parking lot just south of the Mass Pike before.  Fact is there isn't a park and ride on the 495  side.  I saw the note about plainville but I always worry that close to the stadium that they may watch for it.
          No snow expected for that day so if that holds up you'll at least have that on your side!
          Cngratulations and have fun - I'm sure you know you are welcome at the Razor's Edge.
          o Pats!

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 3, 2007
            I think the Lowes you are talking about is in Milford, exit 20 off 495 (route 85), it might be a good idea to stop there, it's easy on, easy off route 495

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 4, 2007
              Take the train to the game. It cost maybe 10 dollars round trip and
              they drop u off right at the stadium. Their are plenty of train depot
              to chose from. I have taken the train several times to foxoboro
              stadium its an awsome ride.

              I usually park at the attleboro station FYI

              CHECK IT OUT.

              Jennifer

              --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, scott sargent <scott03038@...>

              ______________

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 4, 2007
                If you have no interest in tailgating the train is a good option.  You do have to be ready to move it after the game to make the train in time but it is a good option.  Personally I'm rather fond of our tailgate time!

                ____________ __

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 4, 2007
                  My friends will be comming from North of Foxborough, so I don't think
                  the train makes much sense, unless they go into Boston and I don't
                  see that as an option.

                  Thanks for the info though, I'll check into the train a little more,
                  just to be sure.

                  --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer" <jennifer_76180@...>

                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 4, 2007
                    Thanks for the info everybody.

                    I knew you guys/gals were the right people to ask :)

                    And thanks for the invite to the Razor's Edge, I'll try to stop by.