RE: [patriotzip] I really like this article - Pats v Eagles good for Pats

  • chris dressler
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29 12:01 PM
      I agree as well... but I still say we need a running game.  Look at the Colts a few years ago.  A passing machine is what they were.  But not a great running team.  That was their downfall.  We now have no running game and sooner or later we are going to need it.  Where is it?  I think we need to do something about this issue.

      my 2-cents...

      George <patswingr@...> wrote:
      ***** Totally agree with you, and the article, Randy. I've commented a few times this season about the fact that it is, IMO, virtually impossible for any human being to perpetually suppress the feelings of over confidence and complacency that are the very natural product of success that comes "easily" time after time. Facing a challenge is good for us in any aspect of life. Football is no different. The Patriots were given clear evidence that they are not invincible. They then proved to themselves that they can come back, repeatedly, from adversity; and that they can close out a very difficult game with the big plays necessary, by both the offense and the defense, to turn a near defeat into a victory.

      ***** Nothing but good from all of that. I'm extremely glad that they got this reminder in a win. A loss would  have provided some of the same valuable lessons; but, very importantly, it would not have provided that final assurance that they can WIN when challenged. They know that it is possible for them to be defeated. They also know that it is possible for them to come back, and win, when things aren't going well. It was a perfect combination of events for the future of this great team.

      George
      "I don't have a whole lot of what-ifs. We won three Super Bowls," (Tom Brady)