Re: Sean Taylor

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 28, 2007
      That's an interesting point that most people (myself included) did
      not know. He was indeed from a middle class family, the son of a
      police officer. I would bet most people who didn't know him just
      assumed he was a "born street thug".

      It was reported that the team, and some of his teammates, had tried
      to convince him to relocate to the DC area, to escape the crowd he
      had been hanging with. But I guess he loved South Florida, and
      resisted. Most players, in fact, reside somewhere other than in
      their team's city. Nothing unusual about that.

      D&C can certainly be over-the-top, and often political. But I guess
      drive time guys are expected to be controversial. I find them to be
      sometimes annoying, but often entertaining and informative. At worst
      it gives me something to yell at on the way to work. ;o)

      fdb

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, Laureen Mazalewski Modder
      <l_mazalewski@...> wrote:

      > There was some yahoo caller that called in at then end of the
      show, going on and on about how it was Sean's fault because he was
      warned and didn't move and he should have moved and how
      irresponsible he was to think he could 'protect his family' without
      help. That could be what they were referring to.

      > D&C were also joking a bit about his image of being from 'the
      ghetto' when his father was a police chief and he went to one of the
      best prep schools in Miami. They are jerks, but not about this
      topic so far.

      > To: patriotzip@...: frank.dana@...: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:33:40
      +0000Subject: [patriotzip] Re: Sean Taylor

      > There was no humor involved. They were simply asking whether
      hischeckered past, and street connections contributed to his death.
      Washe a kid from the 'hood, who couldn't escape that lifestyle. He
      hadsupposedly been threatened recently, and they were discussing
      whetheror not this was a planned attack. They probably could have
      waited toexplore this point, but I guess it's their job.fdb--- In
      patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "George" <patswingr@> wrote:>> ***** My
      biggest shock thus far, from this entire horrific event is Ed>
      Bryant's report of that "bit" done by Dennis and Callahan on WEEI.Is
      that> really true? Did these guys actually make a "joke" out of
      death of Sean> Taylor? There aren't words to express my disgust for
      them, if thisis true! > > > George > "I don't have a whole lot of
      what-ifs. We won three Super Bowls," (Tom> Brady) > > > > _____ > >
      From: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com [mailto:patriotzip@yahoogroups.com]
      On> Behalf Of RandyZ. Pierce> Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007
      12:59 AM> To: exexpatpatsfan@> Cc: patriotzip@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [patriotzip] Re: Sean Taylor> > > > > Any murder is a
      tragic event which often causes some stunned silence.> Taylor played
      his last game against the Pats where he injured hisknee and> has
      been out of action since. There is still some mystery around the>
      incident of his shooting which is more a part of the reason for
      silence.> Fox made a bit of very bad journalism and that has made
      folkscautious until> the full story comes out.> > he was shot in his
      home, the phone lines were cut and some believeit was> during a
      break in attempt. No matter what it is a tragic loss and Iwish> the
      best for his family, friends and team/fans.> Randy> > ----- Original
      Message ----- > From: Pats <mailto:exexpatpatsfan@> Fan Not in Japan
      > To: 2007Pats <mailto:patriots@> > Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007
      12:46 PM> Subject: Re: Sean Taylor> > All I know is that when I woke
      up this morning and turned on ESPN and > they gave the news that he
      died in the night I felt like someonedropped > a sand bag on my
      head. I had no special interest in him, but this,maybe > only
      because it involves an NFL player, rocked me pretty hard.> It is a
      sad day.> > Erdoboy> > > > Ed Bryant wrote:> > I wonder how the NFL
      musters for next weekend. Sean Springs can't be > > ready to play
      football. The rest of the Redskins have the Taylor > > distraction.
      If just the guys who played college ball at the U goto a > >
      funeral, no team in the league can practice normally!> > > > I don't
      know if you're familiar with the culture of Boston sportstalk > >
      radio, but D & C (It's not BRAIN surgery!) found their way to a bad
      > > taste take on the man's death this morning (did you know Sean
      Taylor > > wasn't Irish Catholic?)> >> >