RE: [patriotzip] Re: Decision day...

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 27, 2007
      ***** Terrible news about Colvin. Not a disaster, but a significant blow to our D flexibility.

      ***** I see Vrabel moving to Colvin's spot. When we're in a 3-4, it will be Vrabel, Seau, Bruschi, and Thomas, L-R. With 3 LBs, who knows. Any combination of those 4 can be worked by BB, depending upon what he sees as the best matchups.

      ***** In terms of depth, we're fortunate that Eric Alexander is healthy again. He was beginning to show signs of progress in spelling Tedy or Seau inside. We really need that depth now. Chad Brown is likely to be behind even Alexander, from what we saw of him earlier. Strictly an "emergency" sub. I wonder if Pierre Woods is ready for some LOS work? He's been doing a pretty good job on STs, from what I've seen. But he was also dinged up against the Steelers.

      ***** Then, of course, there's our "extra LB", Rodney Harrison. He may be seeing even more time in the box for the rest of the season, with Sanders doing more of the more traditional SS work. Possibly lots of 3-3-5 defensive sets when we need to give one our top 4 LBs a blow.

      ***** Oh yeah. I am,  of course, overjoyed to see Troy Brown activated! As good as Gaffney played last week, I'm still looking forward to the combination of Moss, Stallworth, Welker, and Brown on the field at the same time! Offensive Coordinator's NIGHTMARE!!

      George
      "I don't have a whole lot of what-ifs. We won three Super Bowls," (Tom Brady)