One Sided?

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2007
      ***** No, not the game. I'm talking about our pass defense. Marvin Harrison
      is OUT for this game. Reggie Wayne is clearly the greatest receiving threat
      for the Colts. Asante Samuel is clearly our best CB. Do we put Samuel, who
      has always played on our left defensive side, against Wayne, who almost
      always plays on our right defensive side?

      ***** Is Samuel good enough to switch sides, and play on the right, to
      cover the Colts best WR? Or must we stick with Hobbs to cover Wayne, which
      he cannot possibly do alone?

      ***** I have no answer or guess. I have no idea whether Samuel can make that
      switch. Certainly, in terms of pure man-on-man coverage, I'd rather see
      Samuel on Wayne. But he may be so committed to the left side that it would
      hurt more to move him, than to put Hobbs plus help on Wayne.

      George
      "I don't have a whole lot of what-ifs. We won three Super Bowls," (Tom
      Brady)