Pats vs Colts - is it Sunday yet?

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2007
      Well the Preview and Quinn's Keys to Win are up on the site but I'm just enthused enough to follow up with some of the many bits of hype for this game.

      One interesting notion came to mind after reading Willie's comments and hearing him on the NFL Network.  Folks are talking about a two team race in the league and perhaps it is so but what if it was actually a one team race... what if either of these teams is  really that much better even than the other?  I love all the disrespect of our defense as it talks about Colts defense when I really find the margin between an offense and defense to be greater in our favor.  Our Offense is far superior to their defense and I'd say our defense is much closer to competitive to their offense.  I'll never forget that I was stunned but delighted when the replacements pummeled the Colts offense into a three point surrender in the playoffs.  I'll not forget taht the first half of last year's AFC was so one sided in part because our defense shut down Manning and crew even with reduced ranks and health.  THey ran out of steam adn that's to their disservice but I don't see that happening this year.  I'm comfortably confident about this game and I know the team is confident within appropriate realms while I'm slipping just a bit towards the too confident side.

      I really do expect our punter to get a workout...holding for all the extra points...and their punter to have many punting responsibilities.