Disention in the ranks in Joisey...

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      From the Newark Star-Ledger, in an article about Jonathan Vilma's
      injury situation.

      **************************************

      Vilma, a fourth-year pro, also didn't discuss his future but hinted
      that he'd be open to a trade. In 2008 he'll be entering the final
      year of his contract and is playing in a 3-4 defense that's not
      suited for his talent. He has told people close to him that he's
      unhappy and wants out.

      "Vilma doesn't like this defense and a lot of the guys feel that
      way," one Jets player said last night. "You guys in the media like
      (Vilma) but that's not the way it is with the organization. He and
      (coach) Eric (Mangini) aren't on the best of terms. A lot of the
      veteran guys think they're going to be out of here this off-season
      and Eric is going to bring in his own players."

      The player spoke on the condition of anonymity because he did not
      want to criticize the head coach on the record. <snip>

      Poor Eric Non-genius. I guess he doesn't have BB's people skills. I
      wonder if he believes in Karma. ;o)