RE: [patriotzip] Officials for the game - what I thought I heard

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
      ***** Info from refchat.blogspot.com isn't very promissing for the John
      Parry crew. This was dated Oct 20.

      Referees by penalties accepted per game:
      The refs with the highest penalties accepted per game (with the home
      win-rate) are:
      Walt Anderson (15.3, 75%)
      Ron Winter (13.8, 75%)
      Terry McAulay (13.7, 67%)
      Bill Leavy (13.6, 40%)
      (and the bottom of the list is)
      David Coleman (9, 0%)
      Jeff Triplette (8.4, 20%)
      Pete Morelli (8.2, 40%)
      Gerald Austin (8.2, 50%)

      Referees by home win-rate: if you believe the referee has some influence
      (perhaps an unintentional tendency) on whether the home team wins, then use
      this list. Here's the list, again with the penalties per game followed by
      the home team's win-rate.
      Barry Anderson (10, 100%)
      John Parry (13.2, 80%)
      Tony Corrente (12.2, 80%)
      Ed Hochuli (11.6, 80%)
      (and at the bottom of the list)
      Bill Leavy (13.6, 40%)
      Pete Morelli (8.2, 40%)
      Jeff Triplette (8.4, 20%)
      David Coleman (9.0, 0%)

      ***** So, according to this, Parry's crew has a higher percentage of Home
      Team wins than all but one crew (Anderson) in the NFL. His crew's average of
      13.2 penalties accepted per game is up near the leaders. Now, if we look for
      good news, we see that Ed Hochuli, whom most, including me, consider a good
      Ref and crew, has the same 80% winning percentage for Home Teams as does
      Parry & crew. I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out, as we hope
      that the officiating isn't a major factor.

      George
      "I don't have a whole lot of what-ifs. We won three Super Bowls," (Tom
      Brady)