Re: [patriotzip] New media mantra...

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 29, 2007
      Yeah, can't the other teams work on THEIR defense and stop us??? Seems like a "duh" situation to me...all the complaining about the score is coming from a bunch of pansies. They have pro players on their teams that can learn and work plays just like anyone else, can't they? Bottom line is...if you don't want to be scored upon, then STOP US!!!

      Susan
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 29, 2007
        Wow, that spygate sure has died down hasn't it? Now that the Pats can't do that illegal stuff, the other teams see that they are just winning on their own..imagine THAT!! They never even needed to do it at all.

        What is with the scores thing? GEEZ, can't the other teams work on defense? I didn't realize either that it's a charity league and we have to "play nice" if we get too high on the scoreboard. I think that total scores work to the team's favor in rare tie-breaking cases, don't they?

        I WAS going to say that where are all these critics when PP and his whiny ponies were running up the score, but when I did research back to 2003 I found that most years they barely won some of those games. In 2003 there were really no games that they ran up the score; in 2004 there were about 5 games where they ran the score to over 25 points' difference; 2005 only about 2 like that; 2006 only 1 game of a 19 point difference. SO, that shoots my theory--they barely won some games at all, so were they just lucky or were they "trying to be nice and not run the score up"???

        Wonder how the media defines "running up the score" anyway--is it over 25 points or what? Anyone know...or care..lol.....the other teams could maybe work on defense in their summer camps.

        Susan

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 29, 2007
          ***** Unfortunately, Susan, the spygate stuff hasn't truly died down, and never will, in the sense that Patriots haters will ALWAYS say that it "brings their first 3 Super Bowl wins into question". I see it from them in a couple of general NFL forums that I'm in over here. They'll say, "Yeah, they're good this year, because of adding Moss, Welker, and Stallworth. But they can't prove that they would have won those first 3 Super Bowls without cheating!" That will never go away completely for such people.

          George
          "I don't have a whole lot of what-ifs. We won three Super Bowls," (Tom Brady)

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 30, 2007
            BUT, those naysayers can't prove the Pats first 3 Super Bowl wins WERE with cheating either...probably no one can either way.
            I'm trusting that they are NOT with cheating but of course I can't prove it either.
            I guess it's that area where "if you are on top" then everyone is gunning for you, huh? I see it even with the Pop Warner level and the high school...people start grumbling over that stuff too.
            For all those people that don't like the Patriots because they are winning, then let their teams work on their offense and their defense and stop us!!!
            What forums are you on, can others join?

            Susan