Re: Browns best test yet?

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 5, 2007
      Although we are ahead of the Browns in every catagory (offense,
      defense, points for and against), their opponents have a record of 8-
      8. Much better than the 4-12 record of our opponents. But I do
      believe that the strength of schedule difference is largely
      overshadowed by the point differential. We've outscored opponents by
      25 points per game. The Browns have actually been outscored by their
      opponents by a couple points per game.

      Considering our lethal #2 ranked offense, and their woeful #31
      defense, It's easy to see another 20+ point win. I'm not sold on the
      return of Jamal Lewis, and Winslow is fighting with a shoulder
      problem. Braylon Edwards is a legitimate threat, but BB has
      consistently been able to take away an opponents most viable weapon,
      and force them to go elsewhere.

      One must also consider a rookie QB facing a Belichick D for the
      first time. I'm sure Romeo has been schooling him all week on what
      to expect, but BB is well aware of that, and will have some
      interesting wrinkles for the kid.

      Well, they broke the string of 38's last week, so here my
      prediction... Pats - 41, Browns - 23

      fdb

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...>
      wrote:

> [...]
      the nose tackle aren't the best measure as it's not the stat
      position, it opens things for the others around to exploit more than
      doing the exploiting.

      > The second point is that the Pats have shown that they
      > will quickly respond to pressure up the middle by going to 2
      RBs, or an
      > extra TE/H-Back who moves to the middle at the snap, as they did
      against the
      > Bengals.
      >
      > ** ** Very likely and were I the opposition this would be what
      I'd like to force otu of them. Brady had most of his incompletions
      from this formation against the Bengals (according to Reiss) and in
      general it is the poison I'd pick if I had to scheme against the
      Pats with that Browns defense.

      > Definitely our best protection scheme in many years and that
      makes me more convinced that it isn't going to reach us from the
      outside. Better rushers have already failed trying that approach.