RE: [patriotzip] Rule clarification on Completion to Mankins

  • Don Diamant
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2007

      If his arm was coming forward then the ball would have tumbled in front of Brady unless it struck something which could possibly cause it to be redirected, possibly backwards, but up and back 27 feet?  I watched the replay closely and I saw his arm hit while it was moving back not forward.  But its all meaningless now, as officially it is a forward pass and illegally touched by Mankins though I doubt he is being told by the coaching staff to not do it again.  I still feel that it was a good call on Mankins part.

      Don